South Fork Research, Inc. is seeking a full-time fisheries ecologist to
join our small environmental consulting firm specializing in freshwater
ecology and monitoring/restoration of Pacific salmon and their habitat.  We
support many of our efforts through the development of fish life cycle
models, geospatial data and tools, and statistical models. We work
collaboratively with several groups as part of the Integrated Status and
Effectiveness Monitoring Program and Columbia Habitat Monitoring Programs.

The successful applicant will work as a lead fisheries biologist on life
cycle modeling and fish-habitat relationship projects and will also provide
support for related stream temperature and hydraulic modeling efforts.  The
position requires expertise in statistics (R preferred), familiarity with
databases (e.g. MS Access) and basic skills in ArcGIS. We seek applicants
demonstrating attention to detail, an enthusiasm for research and answering
management questions, excellent communication skills, and strong technical
writing skills.  A MS or PhD in fisheries, biology or ecology is required.

The position will remain open until filled but preference will be given to
applications received by 11/07/2016.  Please submit a cover letter, resume,
a short writing sample, and contact information for 2 professional
references. The cover letter should describe your interest in the position
and a brief summary of your most relevant experiences and qualifications.
Please submit application materials and questions to
ca...@southforkresearch.org.

Carol Volk
South Fork Research, Inc.
44842 SE 145th St