The ESA is sponsoring a webinar about drone use. Are there questions you'd like answered by a representative from the FAA, which administers drone use in the USA? If so, let me know and I'll see if we can get them answered.

David Inouye

Webinar: Eyes in the Sky- Drone Use for Ecological Research

Many researchers use drones in terrestrial and marine environments, giving scientists unprecedented access to areas previously difficult to reach. In August, the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy announced new measures to accelerate the safe integration and innovative adoption of unmanned aircraft systems <>across the United States. These announcements most notably expand on the Department of Transportation and the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) "Small UAS" rule, announced in late June, providing national guidelines for operation of non-recreational unmanned aircraft under 55 pounds.

Join ESA for a webinar presentation and hear first-hand from an FAA expert about how to implement the new rules for unmanned operating systems, commonly referred to as drones.

Eyes in the Sky: Drone Use for Ecological Research.
Date*: Oct 27, 2016, 2:00 PM EDT

Joe Morra, manager, Flight Operations Section, Federal Aviation Administration Register to attend the webinar <>, Eyes in the Sky: Drone Use for Ecological Research. Space is limited, so please register early to guarantee a spot.

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.