Registration is now open for the course "INTRODUCTION TO GEOMETRIC
MORPHOMETRICS- 9th edition".
INSTRUCTORS: Prof. Chris Klingenberg (University of Manchester, UK) and Dr.
Jesús Marugán (UAM, Spain).
Dates: May 29th - June 2nd, 2017.
More information and registration:
1. Introduction: Shape, size and biological morphology.
2. Morphometric data: Equipment, landmarks, outlines and surfaces.
3. Visualizing shapes and shape changes.
4. Looking at variation: PCA.
5. Distinguishing groups: CVA and discriminant analysis.
6. Symmetry and asymmetry.
7. Morphometrics in a messy world: outliers and measurement error.
8. Regression and allometry.
9. Covariation between things: PLS.
10. Morphological integration.
12. Phylogeny and comparative methods.
13. Putting things together: Combining analyses to solve biological questions.
14. Presentation of group work by participants.
Please feel free to distribute this information between your colleagues if you
consider it appropriate.
With best regards
Soledad De Esteban-Trivigno, PhD.