We have an immediate opening in our Los Gatos office for a full-time, entry-
level plant ecologist/plant biologist. This person will conduct field
studies, including plant community mapping, rare plant surveys, and wetland
assessments and delineations, and will prepare a variety of
reports/technical studies, including biological resource reports, resource
agency permit applications, and natural resource management plans.

Required qualifications:
•Academic background in plant biology, plant ecology, plant sciences, or
biological sciences with emphasis in botany and ecology
•Experience in some or most of the following areas: plant identification,
quantitative field surveys, plant community/association mapping, wetland
delineation, environmental impact analysis, permit preparation, Trimble
GeoXT/XH, and general GIS/Arc View
•Demonstrable technical writing ability
•Strong communication and collaboration skills
•Willingness to travel throughout California and beyond

Candidates with an M.S. or a Ph.D. are preferred, but those with a B.S. and
direct relevant experience will be considered.

Additional qualifications:
•Valid, state-issued driver’s license and clean driving record
•Willingness to work irregular hours (e.g., early mornings, late nights,
weekends)
•Ability to work in harsh and rapidly changing environments, work in all
types of weather conditions, walking over varied terrain, bending, lifting,
and carrying  upwards of 50 pounds, and otherwise maintain good physical
condition
•Familiarity with best practices for field safety and low impact principles

Prior experience in the following areas a plus:
•California flora
•Insect/pollinator sampling and/or identification
•Biological consulting
•Range management

About H. T. Harvey & Associates:
H. T. Harvey & Associates, an established ecological consulting firm based
in Los Gatos, California, employs more than 100 ecologists, landscape
architects, and other professionals in six offices in California and
Hawaii. Our core areas of expertise include restoration ecology and
landscape architecture, plant ecology, wildlife ecology, and aquatic
ecology. We cultivate excellence in our staff and our work in pursuit of
our mission to create ecologically sound solutions to our clients’ complex
natural resource challenges.
We offer an excellent salary and benefits package and a positive,
progressive work environment. Our employment package includes medical,
dental, and life insurance, as well as a 401K plan with a generous matching
program.

How to apply:
Interested candidates should respond by submitting a cover letter, resume,
and references through this link:
https://workforcenow.adp.com/myportal/ess/recruitment/internalPostingPreview
.faces?client=htharvey&jobId=17394&lang=en_US&source=CC456866 using ONE
(not separate attachments) .doc or .pdf file (system allows for only ONE
attachment, so resume, cover letter, and references must be incorporated
into ONE file); via mail to H. T. Harvey & Associates, Attn: Personnel, 983
University Ave., Bldg. D, Los Gatos, CA 95032; or by fax to 408.458.3210.