*Green Mountain College *is seeking adjunct faculty to teach in its online
Master’s Program in Environmental Studies.  Currently we are looking for
someone qualified to teach a course in GIS from  July 18-Aug 28 2017.

 *Course Description*

This is an introductory course that will cover the historical development, t
heoretical basis and practical application of geographic information systems
(GIS) technologies. This course will accomplish these goals by providing you
with an understanding of: (1) numerous data formats and how to obtain freely
distributed data, (2) a variety of open-source and freely distributed GIS so
ftware packages, (3) how to manage and construct GIS databases, and (4) app
lied GIS through case studies and individualized projects.        *3
credits*

*Qualifications*

*We are looking for someone with a firm foundation in GIS, preferably who
has taught GIS before, however we really need someone with experience in
QGIS and who is able to create screencast video tutorials in response to
student questions. *Experience using Moodle or a similar LMS is helpful,
and candidates who are selected are expected to complete a short online
training session.

*About the program/courses*

*The courses are all taught in 6 week blocks, are asynchronous,  and class
size is limited to 20 students.  Because the quality of these courses
depends heavily on student interaction with the instructor, daily presence
minimum of 5 days per week and serious engagement of the material with
students is expected. Compensation is $3,000.00 for the course.  Please
send cv and a brief letter of interest to Meriel Brooks, Program Director,
at *broo...@greenmtn.edu*.  Inquiries from those who might wish for more
information is welcome.  *

--
Meriel Brooks, Ph.D.