**We would like to invite you to participate in a survey about your
experience with professional development**

The Quantitative Undergraduate Biology Education and Synthesis (QUBES)
project is beginning a research project that may be of interest to you
regarding how participation in a unique long-term online model of
professional development (PD) impacts the adoption of scholarly
approaches to teaching. Part of the QUBES mission has been to develop an
online community of biology faculty across the United States who are
interested in increasing the quantitative skills of their biology
students. To achieve this goal, QUBES has developed Faculty Mentoring
Networks (FMNs), that we characterize as a long-term, low-intensity PD
model. FMNs bring together a small group of faculty who participate in
brief bi-weekly online meetings for several months. Participants are
supported by content and pedagogy mentors who facilitate conversation
both synchronously and asynchronously via use of video conferencing and
the QUBESHub, a virtual platform developed through the QUBES grant.

With this research project, we aim to explore how participation in the
QUBES FMN PD model affects attitudes and practices of sharing of
curricular materials. We also hope to determine if participation in a
QUBES FMN alters the barriers and/or incentives related to the sharing
of curriculum materials online. Identifying these mechanisms will
contribute to the body of knowledge on the development and
implementation of PD for college faculty. Additionally, these mechanisms
will inform Open Education Resource best practices for increasing
teaching scholarship in the digital age.

We would like to invite you to participate in this research study by
participating in a survey about your experience with professional
development.

If you are interested, please click on the link for additional
information: https://utk.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6r6z6yVlGryUwJL.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact members of
the research team, Kevin Kidder (kkid...@utk.edu) or Sondra LoRe
(son...@utk.edu).

Thank you for your time,
National Institute for STEM Evaluation and Research (NISER)
University of Tennessee