Thanks to heavy rainfall over the past few months, the place where I live
has more than its share of deerflies this summer, and I’m very interested in
identifying which species are present—especially since there seems to be a new
species in the mix which I haven’t seen before.

    Since I don’t have a background in entomology, I’d be very glad of any help
in identifying these species.  I have several specimens which are fresh, albeit
somewhat two-dimensional, and collecting additional specimens presents no great
challenge.  If anyone is able to help, please contact me off-list with my
thanks in advance.

                      - J. A.