The Department of Biology at the University of Richmond invites applications
for a tenure track position as an Assistant Professor of Biology. The start
date is August, 2018.

The candidate should be broadly trained in biology and have a doctoral
degree and post-doctoral experience. We seek a biologist who has expertise
in analysis of big data, modeling, bioinformatics, genomics/transcriptomics,
biostatistics, or other quantitative and/or computational methods. Research
programs that are theoretical, wet lab-based, field-based, or a combination
of approaches will be supported. Candidates who complement our existing
strengths and who can contribute to integrated and interdisciplinary
teaching and research are encouraged to apply. We are interested in
candidates with a demonstrated commitment to excellence in teaching and
undergraduate research. The successful applicant will have the opportunity
to teach introductory courses in the major, upper level electives in the
candidate’s area of expertise, and courses in the general education
curriculum. The candidate is expected to maintain a productive research
program that engages undergraduates. We are especially interested in
recruiting individuals who have experience in broadening access and
inclusivity in STEM disciplines (Integrated Inclusive Science) which aligns
with the University’s strategic plan (https://strategicplan.richmond.edu/).

Full job ad at: https://richmond.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?
id=1272

Questions concerning the position and application process should be directed
to Dr. Angie Hilliker (ahill...@richmond.edu)