Three jobs in quantitative statistical life sciences, Math, Botany and
Biology

The Departments of Mathematics, Botany, and Biology at the University of
Hawaiʻi at Mānoa are each searching for a tenure track faculty position in
the statistical and life sciences. These three positions are part of a
college-wide effort to build capacity in data and computational science.
An outline of the positions and links to detailed descriptions follow.

Department of Mathematics. Assistant Professor, Mathematics. We seek
candidates with expertise in mathematical statistics or applied
probability, including experience with statistical-theory-driven
methodology and its applications in scientific research, especially in the
life sciences. A complete job announcement is available at
workatuh.hawaii.edu, position number 84558. Electronic applications at
www.mathjobs.org  are preferred. Direct questions to ch...@math.hawaii.edu.

Department of Botany. Assistant Professor, Quantitative Evolution or
Ecology. We are interested in candidates who will address fundamental
topics in ecology and/or evolution by developing quantitative and
computational approaches for studying plant, fungal, or algal systems. We
are searching for a highly creative and interactive scholar who fits into
our multidisciplinary department. Full job listing is available at
workatuh.hawaii.edu, position  number 85019. Direct questions to
bots...@hawaii.edu.

Department of Biology. Assistant Professor, Statistics in Biology. We seek
applicants that conduct research in statistical methods applied to
fundamental problems in the life sciences. Applicants should have a strong
focus on statistical research, and biological interests that complement
existing strengths in the department. Search for the full job listing at
workatuh.hawaii.edu. Direct questions to thoms...@hawaii.edu.

--
David Duffy Ph.D.
Professor and Director