Dear Ecolog-L Colleagues,

Please circulate the following ad to potential candidates. We are looking to
hire a postdoc to join the Center for Ecosystem Science and Society at Northern
Arizona University in Flagstaff, AZ.

Job Description
We seek a postdoctoral research associate to conduct research at the interface
between quantitative ecology and microbial genomics in the Center for Ecosystem
Science & Society at Northern Arizona University (Ecoss). The postdoc will use
tools in bioinformatics, statistics, ecological modeling, as well as laboratory
and field experiments, to develop new quantitative models describing how
microorganisms grow and interact in the environment. The postdoc will also use
existing tools developed within Ecoss to analyze existing datasets and prepare
manuscripts for publication. Work will address topics in the microbiome of
soils, aquatic ecosystems, and the human microbiome. The scope of work will
depend on the successful applicant’s interests and skills. We seek to recruit a
creative thinker, analyst, and writer who will work at the cutting edge of
microbial ecology to quantitatively integrate genomic and experimental data.
The postdoc will collaborate with a large and interactive team working in
quantitative microbial ecology. The postdoc will also participate in Ecoss
activities, including regularly scheduled seminars and working groups. This
position is subject to the availability of funding.

Minimum Qualifications
PhD in the subject discipline conferred by the time of appointment.
Competent programming skills in bioinformatics (R and/or Python)

Preferred Qualifications
Record of publication in the peer-reviewed literature
Fundraising for research, and collaborative interdisciplinary research
Skills and experience in quantitative analysis of molecular and
metagenomic/amplicon data
Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
Innovation, self-motivation, critical thinking and problem solving skills
Vision for research growth and collaboration in ecosystem science

Knowledge Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of quantitative techniques for integrating data and models,
bioinformatics, and microbial ecology
Excellent written and oral communication skills

To Apply
Please submit a single combined PDF file including: (1) cover letter, (2) CV,
(3) 1-2 page statement of research vision in microbial ecology, and (4) names
and contact information for three references must be attached to the
application. The complete position announcement can be found at:
Applications must be submitted at:<>
1. Select the link to access our careers site.
2. Sign In to access your account, or if you are not an existing user, select
the New User link to create one.
3. Review the job description and select the Apply button to begin your

Please see<> for full job descriptions and details
on how to apply online!
NAU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution.
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to