Learn How to Survey for Bats at Workshops Taught by Professional Field
Biologists!

 Keep up with today’s rapidly advancing bat survey technology. Bat Survey
Solutions offers comprehensive classes and workshops, taught by seasoned
instructors with decades of bat-survey experience at field sites across the
U.S. During every class, students receive hands-on training with a full-range
of survey equipment for bat capture, handling, tracking, and acoustic recording.

 During the summer of 2018 choose from three 8-day/7-night Combined Field
Survey Methods Workshops at our flagship Arizona, California, and Kentucky
venues. These courses provide ample opportunity for participants to learn and
practice netting, trapping, handling, identification, and acoustic monitoring
skills using a variety of capture techniques, bat detectors, and signal
analysis software programs. Students will be able to “test drive” various types
survey equipment, including different bat detector and signal analysis
equipment and software. Additionally, hand-on guided demonstrations highlight
different field deployment techniques and protocols for conducting acoustic
inventories. This course is ideal for bat-workers that are new to either
acoustic monitoring or bat-capture methods and who want information on the
appropriate equipment for their planned surveys. Our classes are also
well-suited for experienced technicians who are interested in expanding their
knowledge or in picking up additional skills.

 We also offer a 3-day Bat Acoustic Data Management Class in central PA. This
class is designed to cut thru the noise associated with the technology,
software, and survey guidelines for using bat detectors, auto-classification
programs, and compliance protocols to report on bat echolocation call inventory
and monitoring efforts.

 Registration fees for many of these courses include meals and/or lodging, and
field transportation at our study sites. This makes these classes extremely
efficient to attend, for even though they are conducted in remote locations,
few of our field sites are more than 5-10 miles from our training facility
allowing us to spend more time in the field working and learning and less time
traveling. Students may also apply for University credit at our KY and PA
venues in 2018 thru the University of Tennessee at Martin.

 For more information or to find out which course is appropriate for you and
your training goals see complete training listings on the Bat Survey Solutions,
LLC website at:

 http://batsurveysolutions.com/classes.html

 We hope to meet your or your students during one of our 2018 trainings. Feel
free to contact Bat Survey Solutions if you have any questions or need more
information about these or other training activities. And, feel free to share
information about this course with your colleagues, or direct them to any of
our training staff for additional information.

 2018 Lead Instructors:

 Janet Debelak Tyburec

Cell/Text: 520.404.7406

Email: jtybu...@batsurveysolutions.com

John Chenger, Bat Conservation and Management

Cell/Text: 814.442.4246

Email: jchen...@batmanagement.com