Dear Colleagues,

We really appreciate all the wonderful abstracts that we have received.
And we are looking forward to receiving more before the deadline on
June.1, 2018.

The 2018 Southeastern Ecology and Evolution Conference (SEEC), from
October 5 -7, 2018, will be hosted in the University of Miami, in Miami,
Florida. The SEEC is a regional, student-run meeting that provides
undergraduates, graduate students, and post-docs an opportunity to
present research in ecology and evolution. This conference is open to
anyone with an interest in ecology and evolution research in the
southeastern region of the United States. We will have both oral and
poster presentations.

The conference will feature outstanding plenary speaker: Dr. Daniel
Simberloff, University of Tennessee. Some of his research interests
include biogeography, invasive species, and statistical ecology.

As part of the conference, individuals are also invited to attend FREE
workshops on Biological Invasions and Modern Applications. This workshop
will be a collaborative effort by multiple people working in the field
of biological invasions, discussing the issues and applications when
dealing with exotic or problematic invasive species, particularly in
Southeastern ecosystems.

Abstracts are due by June 1st 2018. Early registration will start on
July 1st, for $45, after you hear back from our conference committee
about the acceptance of the submitted abstract. There will be cash
prizes awarded to the best talks and posters. Further details about the
conference, abstract submission instructions, and

registration information can be found at
https://seecconference2018.wordpress.com/

This conference is a perfect opportunity to present in a low-pressure
but professional conference setting. We are looking forward to seeing
you here in Miami.

Questions or inquiries can be directed to SEEC 2018 (email:
seec.h...@gmail.com)