Dr. Gretchen Rollwagen-Bollens, Co-Director (with Dr. Steve Bollens) of the
Aquatic Ecology Lab at Washington State University, Vancouver, WA, USA has
one paid position available for a new master’s degree student to start in
the Fall 2018 semester.

This M.S. assistantship is specifically open to a student who will conduct
research related to the ecology and potential impact of harmful algal blooms
in the Columbia River Basin, with particular emphasis on dynamics of
freshwater cyanobacteria blooms.

Please visit our website for more information about the lab and our research
(https://labs.wsu.edu/aquatic-ecology/).

The successful graduate student will be supported on Teaching Assistantships
and/or Research Assistantships, plus full tuition waivers.

We are currently accepting applications to begin study in August 2018.

Degree program:  M.S. in Environmental Science
Deadlines:  For August 2018 admission, please apply as soon as possible.

There is potential to continue on to a Ph.D. in Environmental and Natural
Resource Sciences depending on progress and availability of funding.

Campus and Facilities:  Washington State University Vancouver is one of five
campuses in the WSU system, and is a rapidly expanding institution located
within the greater Portland, OR-Vancouver, WA metropolitan area, near the
Columbia River, Cascade Mountains and coastal ocean.  The 351-acre campus
offers new, state-of-the-art classroom and research facilities, where
teaching and research are conducted in an interdisciplinary and
collaborative atmosphere.

To apply, please visit the WSUV Science Graduate Programs website
(https://cas.vancouver.wsu.edu/science-graduate-programs) or contact me
directly:

Dr. Gretchen Rollwagen-Bollens
School of the Environment and School of Biological Sciences
Washington State University Vancouver
14204 NE Salmon Creek Avenue
Vancouver, WA
98686-9600