*Position: *Supervisory Data Manager for U.S. Fish and Wildlife*, *National
Wildlife Refuge System , Inventory and Monitoring Initiative

*APPLICATION DEADLINE: June 21, 2018*

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, National Wildlife Refuge System,
Division of Natural Resources and Conservation Planning in Hadley, MA has
an exciting opportunity for the right person to join us as our Inventory
and Monitoring (I&M) Team Data Manager. This interdisciplinary position
will be leading a team of *geospatial and data management experts* that
support our I&M program.* The I&M effort at the national and regional
levels provides data and analysis on fish, wildlife, and ecological
processes that we use to inform our conservation and management decisions*.

Please share this announcement widely! The links to the job announcements
are below.

Open to the public:

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/501748900

Current or former federal employees:

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/501749100

*As the Inventory and Monitoring Team Data Manager, duties will include,
but are not limited to the following:*

   - Develop and perform the operations necessary to support *geographic
   spatial analysis, database management, and statistical needs* for high
   priority projects.
   - Serve as the *systems analyst expert *and conduct needs analysis to
   determine system requirement and specifications for designing, maintaining,
   and improving existing applications and complex databases that bridge
   multiple workspaces.
   - *Design systems and programs for the conversion, management, analysis,
   and display of geographic data* utilizing computer graphics equipment.
   - Perform as the *lead analyst in researching and adapting new
   techniques *for inclusion in complex data management and GIS application
   software.
   - Perform I&M needs analysis to interpret the need for *geospatial and
   remote sensing support*; evaluate alternative approaches to accomplish
   project objectives using appropriate technologies, *determine the
   feasibility and cost effectiveness* of each alternative, making
   recommendations and working with refuge staff and others to develop the
   best conceptual approach to reaching I&M goals.
   - *Supervise a professional team* in a variety of scientific database
   management and I&M studies and programs.

*AREA INFORMATION:*

Hadley, MA in the beautiful Connecticut River Valley of western
Massachusetts has a mix of rural flavor and easy access to big city
amenities. Nearby Northampton is one of the best arts communities in the
country. Five prestigious colleges and several community colleges are
located close to our 200- employee Regional Office Headquarters building.
We have a partnership with the University of Massachusetts, whose buildings
are visible from our office. The Connecticut River and many smaller rivers
and lakes have boating and fishing. New York City is 3 hours to the south,
and Hadley is mid-way between Boston and Albany, both approximately 2 hours
away.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns regarding
this position.
-Rachel Katz

--
Rachel Katz, PhD