Dear Colleagues,

We would like to bring your attention to our AGU session on wetland resilience.

Please consider submitting your abstract to B082-The resilience of wetland
ecosystems to multiscale environmental changes
(https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm18/prelim.cgi/Session/53097
<https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm18/prelim.cgi/Session/53097>) before August 1st,
2018.

The invited speakers are Sergio Fagherazzi from Boston University and Matthew
Kirwan from Virginia Institute of Marine Science.

We look forward to receiving your abstracts and seeing you in Washington DC.

Abstract: Wetlands connect terrestrial landscapes and aquatic ecosystems, and
provide important ecosystem services such as flood attenuation, water and
carbon storage, shoreline stabilization, and wildlife habitats. However,
wetland benefits to people and nature are threatened by rapid environmental
change and disturbances. The concept of wetland resilience, which is the
ability of wetlands in absorbing and recovering from disturbances to retain
their hydrologic, biogeochemical and morphological functions, is useful to
quantify the threshold response of wetland processes to human-induced or
climatic disturbances. We welcome submissions that highlight the advances in
concepts, methods, and applications of wetland hydrologic, biogeochemical, and
geomorphologic resilience to rapid environmental change. The studies on
quantifying wetland resilience with multiscale models or remote sensing
products are particularly encouraged, but studies based on in-situ observations
are also equally welcome.

Sincerely,
Yu Zhang (Duke University), Pei Xin (Hohai University), and Abinash Bhattachan
(UCLA)