Tom Lovejoy, the fellow that coined the term biological diversity is the
guest for the Mongabay Newscast this week:

   - *Lovejoy joined the Mongabay Newscast to talk about how deforestation
   and the impacts of climate change could trigger dieback in the Amazon and
   other tropical forests, causing them to shift into non-forest ecosystems,
   as well as the other trends impacting the world’s biodiversity he’s most
   concerned about.*
   - *He says it’s time for a paradigmatic shift in how we approach the
   conservation of the natural world: “We really have got to the point now
   where we need to think about managing the entire planet as a combined
   physical and biological system.”*

https://news.mongabay.com/2018/09/audio-the-godfather-of-biodiversity-on-why-its-time-to-manage-earth-as-a-system/

Listen at the link above or subscribe to the Mongabay Newscast on Android
<https://subscribeonandroid.com/mongabay.libsyn.com/rss%E2%80%9D>, Google
Play <https://play.google.com/music/listen#/ps/Ii23ecdja5vf2we3ahata3x7ui>,
Apple
Podcasts