Sacramento State seeks a geographer with expertise in Geographic Information
Systems/Science as well as human and/or urban geography to join our
department’s growing GIS faculty. We are looking for a geographer dedicated to
providing our students with an up-to-date education and the technologically
current skills necessary for them to be competitive in both the modern
professional and academic workplaces. The successful candidate will teach
undergraduate courses in our Geographic Information Systems and Analysis
concentration as well as courses in our Human Geography and/or Metropolitan
Area Planning concentrations. We seek applicants committed to teaching a
diverse group of undergraduate students. The successful candidate may play a
key role in helping to create a new GIS center that will serve as a hub of
geospatial teaching, research and outreach to the campus and the greater
Sacramento community.

Review of applications will begin October 8, 2018, and the position will remain
open until filled.  Applications are accepted only through the Sacramento State
jobs website located at
http://csus.peopleadmin.com<http://www.csus.peopleadmin.com>. Instructions on
how to apply can be found at this link.

ms

-
Mathew Schmidtlein
Associate Professor
Geography Department, Sacramento State University
schmidtl...@csus.edu<mailto:schmidtl...@csus.edu>