Dear Colleagues:

Recently, an honor student working with me on a biographical project on an
environmentalist noticed that shortly after the appearance of several major
scholarly books on this subject, a plethora of books, mostly (but not
exclusively) directed for children appeared. After consulting with an
archivist where a substantial amount of the environmentalist materials are
housed, the archivist confirmed that in the 1990's calls were pouring in
requesting materials on the environmentalist more or less after the
appearance of one of the scholarly books.

Suddenly, I began to wonder if this is a publication trend I may not have
noticed namely, after a scholarly work is published, (generally other)
writers proceed to prepare literature for the broad public.

If you have thoughts supporting or opposing that speculation, please send
me an email to blayjo...@gmail.com

Gratefully and respectfully,

Jorge

Jorge A. Santiago-Blay, PhD
blaypublishers.com

1. Positive experiences for authors of papers published in *LEB*
http://blaypublishers.com/testimonials/

2. Free examples of papers published in *LEB*:
http://blaypublishers.com/category/previous-issues/.

3. *Guidelines for Authors* and page charges of *LEB*:
http://blaypublishers.com/archives/ *.*