Lecturer position in Insect Biology at the Entomology & Nematology Department
at the University of Florida, Gainesville, FL

Are you an Entomologist AND an Educator? We want you to join our faculty and
bring enthusiasm and experience with insects, research and education to our
stellar and growing undergraduate Entomology program.

(non-tenure accruing) that will be 100% teaching in the Entomology and
Nematology Department in the College of Agricultural and Life Sciences (CALS)
within the Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences (IFAS) at the University
of Florida (UF) in Gainesville, Florida. Primary duties will include
development and teaching of undergraduate entomology courses as well as
supporting and promoting our growing undergraduate program through student
advising, programmatic assessment and recruiting. Position responsibilities
include working with other faculty to coordinate Classroom Undergraduate
Research Experiences (CURE courses) with Nature of Science (NOS) content and
authentic data collection. Specific courses taught will be dependent upon
candidate interests and expertise as well as departmental needs. Preference
will be given to candidates with experience and interest in the scholarship of
teaching and learning.

Duties: The successful candidate will engage in scholarly activities related to
instruction, including teaching undergraduate and/or graduate courses, advising
and mentoring undergraduate and graduate students, participating in curriculum
revision and enhancement, seeking funding for the teaching program, supervising
undergraduate and graduate research and creative work, publishing
teaching-related scholarship, producing learning tools, and engaging in
professional development activities related to teaching and advising.

Qualifications: A MS or PhD degree (foreign equivalent acceptable) in
entomology, nematology, biology, or a closely related discipline is required.
Candidates should have demonstrated skills in verbal and written communication
and must be enthusiastic about interacting with and supporting undergraduate
students.

Timeline: For full consideration, candidates should apply and submit additional
materials by December 5, 2018.  The position will remain open until a viable
applicant pool is determined. This position is available as early as January 1,
2019, and will be filled as soon as an acceptable applicant is available.

Apply: More details and application submission link at:
https://apply.interfolio.com/57413

Questions can be directed to Dr. Andrea Lucky, Search Committee Chair,
Entomology & Nematology Department, University of Florida 32611, alu...@ufl.edu.