The Gulf Research Program of the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering,
and Medicine is now accepting applications for two fellowship opportunities:

Our Early-Career Research Fellowship supports emerging scientific leaders as
they take risks on untested research and pursue unique, interdisciplinary
collaborations. Fellows receive two years of relatively unrestricted funding
that helps them navigate this period with independence, flexibility, and a
built-in support network. Applications are due by February 20, 2019.

Learn more: http://www.nationalacademies.org/gulf/fellowships/early-career

Through our Science Policy Fellowship, fellows gain first-hand experience at
the interface of science and policy as they spend one year alongside
decision-makers at agencies across Alabama, Louisiana, Mississippi, Texas, and
Florida. Under the guidance of a mentor, fellows learn what it takes to make
scientific information not just useful, but usable. Applications are due by
March 6, 2019.

Learn more: http://www.nationalacademies.org/gulf/fellowships/science-policy