Hi all

In case you didn't know about this... April 22, 2020 marks the 50th
anniversary of Earth Day. In recognition of this milestone Earth Day
Network, the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars, and the U.S.
Department of State are launching Earth Challenge 2020 as the world’s
largest coordinated citizen science campaign.

Earth Challenge 2020 will engage millions of global citizens to aggregate
and collect more than one billion data points in areas including air
quality, water quality, biodiversity, pollution, and human health. Through
Earth Challenge 2020, citizen science volunteers will learn about their
local conditions, and leverage information to inspire collaborative action
and influence policy decisions.

*Want to get involved in the Earth Challenge 2020 movement?*

   - *Submit a research question.* Right now, we invite you to help define
   the critical research questions that will shape Earth Challenge 2020. What
   essential question have you always wanted answered?  What topic would you
   like to see researched by millions of potential citizen scientists? Tell us
   before *this Saturday, December 15th*! Submit your question using
the EarthDay.org
   webform <https://www.earthday.org/earthchallenge2020getinvolved/> or on
   Twitter (@Earth_Challenge <http://twitter.com/earth_challenge>) using
   #EC2020 <https://twitter.com/hashtag/EC2020?src=hash>.

   - *Collaborate with us.* For Earth Challenge 2020 to succeed, we need
   the expertise and support of passionate individuals around the world. Send
   an email to earthchallenge2...@earthday.org to start a conversation on
   how we can work together to expand EC 2020’s impact.

For more information, visit www.earthday.org/earthchallenge2020.

Best

Kat

Katharine L. Leigh