Dear all,

 registration is now open for the 3rd edition of our "Eukaryotic Metabarcoding"
Workshop.

 https://www.physalia-courses.org/courses-workshops/course4/

Berlin, 4-8 March 2019, Berlin (Germany)

Instructors:

Dr. Vasco Elbrecht (University of  Guelph, Canada)

Dr. Owen S. Wangensteen (University of Tromsø, Norway)

Course Overview

Metabarcoding techniques are a set of novel genetic tools for qualitatively and
quantitatively assessing biodiversity of natural communities. Their potential
applications include (but are not limited to) accurate water quality, soil
diversity assessment, trophic analyses of digestive contents, diagnosis of
health status of fisheries, early detection of non-indigenous species, studies
of global ecological patterns and biomonitoring of anthropogenic impacts. This
workshop gives an overview of metabarcoding procedures with an emphasis on
practical problem-solving and hands-on work using analysis pipelines on real
datasets. After completing the workshop, students should be in a position to
(1) understand the potential and capabilities of metabarcoding, (2) run
complete analyses of metabarcoding pipelines and obtain diversity inventories
and ecologically interpretable data from raw next-generation sequence data and
(3) design their own metabarcoding projects, including bioinformatic data
analysis and planning of laboratory work. All course materials (including
copies of presentations, practical exercises, data files, and example scripts
prepared by the instructing team) will be provided electronically to
participants.

For more information about the course, please visit our website:
https://www.physalia-courses.org/courses-workshops/course4/

Here is the full list of our courses and Workshops:
https://www.physalia-courses.org/courses-workshops/

Best regards,

Carlo

Carlo Pecoraro, Ph.D