We are currently seeking a Environmental Data Analytics & Visualization expert
to join our team as an Assistant Professor in our Environmental Science and
Resource Management Program here at California State University Channel Islands.

Please see: http://esrm.zone/joinesrm/

This website describes our motivation for this position, background on our
program, and details on how to apply.  We were originally slated to begin
reviewing applications on Dec 14, although this date was pushed back to Dec
31st due to the shuttering of our campus for much of November (due to local
wildfires, etc.) and the associated knock on effects of scheduling.  We will be
conducting on-campus interviews in early 2019 with the successful applicant
joining us in August of 2019.

Here is our official job description:

CSU Channel Islands (CSUCI) invites applicants for the position of Assistant
Professor of Environmental Science and Resource Management. CSUCI seeks an
energetic, innovative colleague interested in deepening our commitment to data
artistry, big data analytics and visualization, and in making substantial
contributions to our growing campus. The successful candidate should have a
strong record of teaching, research, and service (or be able to provide strong
evidence of their promise in each of those areas) and demonstrated proficiency
with turning large or complex data sets into engaging, usable information via a
variety of digital tools. We are particularly interested in candidates with two
or more of the following disciplinary interests: coastal zone management,
energy systems, climate science, big data, visual rhetoric, atmospheric
science, water resource management, ecotoxicology, environmental justice,
sustainability science, or conservation technologies. Candidates should have
strong digital/methodological skills spanning both proprietary (Adobe Creative
Suite, ArcGIS, Tableau, Matlab, Flourish, etc.) and open source (R, GitHub,
MySQL, D3.js, Audacity, etc.) platforms, as well as experience or substantial
interest in interpreting California’s coastal zone. CSUCI is the newest campus
in the California State University system, with our main campus located in
coastal Ventura County (between Santa Barbara and Los Angeles) at the interface
of protected areas, agricultural zones, and urban cores. Many responses to our
local environmental and social challenges have become templates outside our
region, e.g., recovery of endangered species, sea level rise adaptation,
farmworker protections, offshore energy regulation, marine protected area
networks, and smart growth land use policies. All of these efforts have
benefited from strong, data-based argumentation. The successful candidate will
help us continue this tradition by augmenting our existing research efforts
with new external funding and community collaborations. We are a Hispanic
Serving Institution dedicated to serving our diverse student body and
surrounding community while promoting interdisciplinary inquiry, strong
community engagement, and an international focus; candidates are expected to
share those commitments. A Ph.D. or terminal degree in Environmental Science,
Ecology, Geosciences, Hydrology, Anthropology, Applied Statistics, Digital
Design, Data Journalism, or a related field is required at the time of
appointment. The successful candidate will join us for our Fall 2019 semester.

And lastly, here are a few a quick invitation videos:
https://youtu.be/8YvxGeGCX-o  and  https://youtu.be/N6k8f6XPovA

I'm happy to answer any questions potential applicants may have: (805) 732-2732

Thanks for sharing with your colleagues.

-Sean Anderson
Chair ESRM Program
CSU Channel Islands