The Nature Conservancy in Oregon is hiring seasonal staff to fill key positions
that will contribute to our conservation strategies in SW Oregon and the
Columbia Basin.

The SW Oregon Steward in Ashland, OR will assist with ecological data
collection, invasive plant mapping and control and important vernal pool
restoration activities.  Additionally, the steward will lead volunteer crews
who are instrumental to our restoration successes at the Table Rocks and other
preserves. They’ll build their field data collection and GPS skills and gain
exposure to GIS mapping software and Excel. This position starts in March 2019
and ends in July 2019.  Full details can be found at https://bit.ly/2EQoxnj.

Two Columbia Basin Field Assistants will live in housing provided by us in
Ione, OR.  The field assistants will apply herbicides using a backpack sprayer,
manually remove invasive species, conduct vegetation mapping and wildlife
monitoring and accomplish other essential grassland restoration activities.
They’ll be on a team of four, often working independently to complete these
activities.  They’ll also gain experience compiling and entering data that
contributes to key reports that track our progress.  This position starts in
March 2019 and ends in June 2019.  Full details can be found at
https://bit.ly/2QTbIjf

The deadline to apply for both positions is January 25 @ 8:59 PM PST.