****TNC, MD/DC CHAPTER APPLIED SCIENTIST I  ****

*POSITION SUMMARY: *Become a force for nature and a healthy planet by joining the Maryland Chapter’s Science Team!  Our work is focused on two areas where our outcomes can have the greatest impact for the residents of Maryland/DC protecting clean water and tackling climate change. Our efforts span the region, from western Maryland's Central Appalachian forests to our nation's capital and beyond to the Chesapeake Bay. The Applied Scientist I will provide technical and scientific support for conservation initiatives in Conservation by Design (CbD) and measures of conservation success (MOS). The position will help the Science Team tackle the scientific uncertainties around the Conservancy’s priority conservation strategies in forests, cities, farms, and coasts.

*A LITTLE ABOUT US*:  Founded in 1951, the Nature Conservancy is a global conservation organization dedicated to conserving the lands and waters on which all life depends. Guided by science, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world's toughest challenges so that nature and people can thrive together. We are tackling climate change, conserving lands, waters and oceans at unprecedented scale, providing food and water sustainably and helping make cities more sustainable.  One of our core values is our commitment to diversity. Therefore, we strive for a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce. Working in 72 countries, including all 50 United States, we use a collaborative approach that engages local communities, governments, the private sector, and other partners. To learn more, visit www.nature.org or follow @nature_press on Twitter.

*RESPONSIBILITIES & SCOPE:*

 * Synthesize scientific information to assist with developing
   influence models, conservation strategies, and monitoring programs.
 * Perform fieldwork including ecosystem assessment and field monitoring.
 * Deliver tools, biodiversity data, field services and training to
   staff and partners.
 * May work in variable weather conditions, at remote locations, in
   hazardous terrain and under physically demanding circumstances.

*MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:*

 * Master's Degree in science related field and 1 year of experience or
   equivalent combination of education and experience.
 * Experience collecting, manipulating, analyzing and interpreting
   scientific data.
 * Experience preparing reports of findings.

*DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:*

 * Cross-disciplinary background in ecosystem function and system analyses
 * Familiarity with structured decision-making, adaptive management,
   and/or Conservation by Design; including PrOACT and expert elicitation
 * Experience or familiarity with a range of modeling tools, including
   probabilistic and deterministic models.
 * Strong knowledge of computer technology and common software
   applications, including Microsoft Office, R, and ArcGIS.
 * Multi-language skills and multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience.
 * Attention to detail.
 * Ability to meet deadlines.

*HOW TO APPLY: *To apply to position number 47112, submit resume (required) and cover letter (required) separately using the upload buttons. All applications must be submitted in the system prior to 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on January 6, 2019.

*LINK TO POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT:* https://careers.nature.org/psp/tnccareers/APPLICANT/APPL/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=47112&PostingSeq=1

~~~----~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Manage your Group settings:

* To reply to sender (Kathy Boomer):
privateemail51...@community.esa.org

* To view sender's profile, click this link:
Kathy Boomer <http://community.esa.org/profile.htm?mode=vp&pid=51227>

* To post to entire group, send email to:
ecolo...@community.esa.org

* To email the group moderator(s) (Jonathan):
ecolog-l-modera...@community.esa.org

* To UNSUBSCRIBE or change delivery settings, click this link:
edit delivery settings <http://community.esa.org/p.htm?m=qs&em=ino...@umd.edu&sk=B1vpeH>

* To UNSUBSCRIBE from this group, send email to:
ecolog-l-unsubscr...@community.esa.org

* To remove yourself from this group, send email to:
ecolog-l-rem...@community.esa.org

* To visit this group on the web, click this link:
view group <http://community.esa.org/group.htm?igid=35455>