Hello,

The Institute for Natural Resources at Oregon State University is hiring field
crews for sagebrush steppe sampling during the 2019 field season. Work begins
late April and will continue to August or September. The job involves
vegetation and soil sampling using AIM protocols in various areas in eastern
Oregon. Field work entails 8 day sampling hitches where we will be camping in
the areas we will be working. Crews have 6 days off between hitches. Most crew
members live in Portland / Corvallis / Eugene areas and travel to and from the
field on the first and last days of the work hitch, but there is some
flexibility on where you can choose to live.  We are looking for people who are
familiar with identifying plants, who can handle the hard work of digging soil
pits and vegetation sampling in the often hash steppe environment, and are
excited by extensive camping in remote, beautiful areas. The compensation will
be between $13 and $18 per hour (depending on experience) as well as a per deim
of around $80 per day to cover food and wear and tear on your camping gear. We
will be hiring both team leaders and crew members so there are two job
announcements.

Bio Tech 1
https://jobs.oregonstate.edu/postings/69643

Please contact me at michael.russ...@oregonstate.edu if you have any questions.