Dear all,

happy to inform you that we will run  the 4th edition of our Workshop
"Introductory Population Genomics: From Data to Inference" in Berlin.

When: 13-17 May 2019

Instructors:

Dr. Martin Taylor (University of East Anglia, UK)

 Dr. Lewis Spurgin (University of East Anglia, UK)

Website: https://www.physalia-courses.org/courses-workshops/course392/

Course Overview

Next generation sequencing has revolutionized evolutionary biology allowing
unprecedented resolution and insight into evolutionary questions that appeared
intractable only a few years ago. The course will cover the basics of
population genomic analysis from SNP data onwards and will cover the key
analyses that may be required to successfully analyze a population genetic data
set. The course will NOT cover steps prior to generation of a .vcf file or SNP
data set such as NGS data demultiplexing, clustering and SNP calling (This is
covered in detail in the Introduction to RADseq course). This course will
introduce Linux and the command line environment, basic perl and python usage,
file conversions and manipulation, population structure and differentiation in
R, outlier analysis, landscape / seascape genomics and introgression. Having
completed the course, students should have a good understanding of the software
and methods available for population genomic analysis and be competent in
population genomic analysis.

Targeted audience & ASSUMED BACKGROUND

This workshop is aimed at postgraduate students and early career researchers
who are interested in using population genomic tools in their research. No
previous experience of bioinformatics is required, but an underpinning in
evolutionary biology and basic population genetics concepts such as Hardy
Weinberg Equilibrium and FST are desirable. The course will use a range of
software including the Linux operating system and R.

TEACHING FORMAT

The workshop is delivered over ten half-day sessions (see the detailed
curriculum below). Each session consists of a combination of lectures and
practical exercises, with breaks at the organisers’ discretion. There will also
be time for students to discuss their own problems and data.

Session content:
https://www.physalia-courses.org/courses-workshops/course9/curriculumpg/

Here is the full list of our courses and Workshops:
https://www.physalia-courses.org/courses-workshops/

 Best regards,

Carlo

Carlo Pecoraro, Ph.D