Please see description below, good luck.
Matheus C. Carvalho
Senior Research Associate - IRMS
Centre for Coastal Biogeochemistry Research, Southern Cross University
04-8899-0092 or 02-6626-9565
Editor for Plos ONE, Heliyon (Elsevier), HardwareX (Elsevier)
Book: Practical Laboratory Automation made easy with AutoIt - is.gd/labautobook
Open-source autosampler: bit.ly/2QVnDJU

The Physiological Plant Ecology Group at the University of Basel has an opening
for a postdoc to work on an isotope data analysis project that deals with a
unique dataset made up of over 4000 herbarium samples collected over the past
200+years.

Details can be found here:

https://ppe.duw.unibas.ch/en/news/details/open-postdoc-position/

Open PostDoc position
The Physiological Plant Ecology group is looking for a PostDoc in Stable
Isotope Physiology and Global Change Ecology (80%, start in spring 2019)

The Physiological Plant Ecology group (Prof. Kahmen) of the University of Basel
investigates the ecophysiological processes in plants that determine the fluxes
of water, nitrogen and carbon in natural and agricultural ecosystems. The goals
of our research are to understand how plants operate in the context of their
environment and to reveal how plants shape the functioning of terrestrial
ecosystems. The open position is within the ERC project HYDROCARB, where we
seek to determine the potential of stable isotope ratios in archived plant
materials to assess long-term metabolic responses of plants to global
environmental change.

Your position
In the past years our lab has analyzed the stable carbon and oxygen isotope
ratios from more than 4000 herbarium specimen. The herbarium specimen originate
from across Switzerland and have been collected in the past 200+ years and
cover a wide range plant species from different habitats. The key objective of
the advertised position is to analyze this dataset with geospatial and
physiological models in order to identify long-term physiological changes in a
wide range of plant species during the past century as a response to
environmental changes.

Your profile
We are looking for a dynamic, reliable and motivated candidate with a PhD in
biology, environmental sciences or related disciplines. Strong interest in
process-oriented research in plant physiology, the ability to work analytically
with large datasets and experience with process-based modelling are required.
Teamwork within the group and project partners requires spoken and written
English language skills.

We offer you
We offer an interesting position in an international and interdisciplinary
research environment at the University of Basel. The position will initially be
for one year with the option of a one-year extension, depending on the
performance of the candidate. Salary and social benefits are provided according
to University of Basel rules.

Application / Contact
Please send your complete application (CV, letter of motivation, contact
information of three references) to Mrs. Maura Ellenberger
(maura.ellenber...@unibas.ch). Application deadline is February 15th 2019.
Further information on the project can be obtained from Prof. Kahmen
(ansgar.kah...@unibas.ch).