From: AAG Economic Geography Speciality Group
[mailto:ECONOMICGEOGRAPHY-L@LISTSERV.UCONN.EDU] On Behalf Of James DeFilippis
Sent: Tuesday, February 07, 2012 1:04 PM
To: ECONOMICGEOGRAPHY-L@LISTSERV.UCONN.EDU
Subject: local labor market data for a course assignment

hi all,

I am thinking of having students in a course do an assignment where they could
readily easily access local labor market data and do some basic analyses of
that data.  I've been on the BLS website, and there's obviously a ton of data
there, but it's all a bit opaque in terms of what the data sets include and how
to access them.  So I'm looking for suggestions on data sets that are easy for
students to access and are available at the scale of the census place (or, at
least no larger than the county).

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks, James

--
James DeFilippis
Bloustein School of Planning and Public Policy Rutgers University