Dear all:  You are invited to a panel session that some of us have assembled to
honor Peter
Daniels.  Please see below information about it. Although early in the AAG
meeting schedule, we hope
to see you there!

****
Peter Daniels:  Service Industry Research Pioneer

This panel celebrates the remarkable contributions of Professor Peter Daniels
to service industry research, timed to coincide with his retirement from
Birmingham University last year.  Professor Daniels since the 1970’s helped to
revolutionize our understanding of the geography of services, a sector that has
powered the development of the global economy over this time period.  Peter
Daniels will be present at this session.

Panelists include Tom Hutton (UBC), Brian Holly (Census Bureau), John Bryson
(U. Birmingham, and Bill Beyers (UW).  Comments from other leading services
scholars who cannot be present will be presented, and other friends are invited
to contribute to this panel discussion regarding Daniels’ contributions over
the decades.  This session is sponsored by the Economic Geography Specialty
Group, and will take place from 8AM-9:40AM Friday February 24, Concourse G,
Concourse Level, Hilton Hotel.

We very much invite those who have worked with Peter Daniels over the decades
to contribute to this session, at which presentations by the panelists and
others not able to be present will leave time for others to speak to his
contributions.  We look forward to seeing you bright and early on February 24!

***

 If some of you on the EGSG list who get this message (about 700 people!) want
to offer a comment, please
email me, and I'll make sure that we can include you in the session.

               Sincerely,
                             Bill Beyers

William B. Beyers
Professor Emeritus
406A Smith Hall
Department of Geography, Box 353550, University of Washington, Seattle WA 98195
http://faculty.washington.edu/beyers/
Tel: (206) 543-5871; Fax: (206) 543-3313