hi all,

Just a quick question.  I've been struck by how little discussion there
has been about any out migration from Greece, Portugal, Ireland, Italy and
Spain to other European countries with tighter labor markets.

My impression had been that all the Eurozone countries pretty much had
open borders in terms of intra-zonal labor mobility (Europe's borders, of
course, are far from open to those outside the zone...).

And certainly all five of these countries have long and significant
experiences with emigration (Spain less than the other four).  So why
isn't it happening now?  Or is it happening, but it's not being discussed
in the public realm much.  And, if so, can anyone point me to any writings
about this.

thanks, James

James DeFilippis
Edward J. Bloustein School of Planning and Public Policy
33 Livingston Avenue, Room 365
New Brunswick, NJ 08901
732-932-3822, ext. 734