Dear Professor Olds,
I would like to nominate myself for the student representative position.  Below
is a brief statement about myself and my interest in the position.

I am a 4th year PhD student at the University of Colorado in Boulder,
conducting research focused on sustainable agriculture and food access from a
commodity chain and production network perspective.  I am highly interested in
the spatial dynamics of food deserts as well as innovative models to improve
food access.  Although formally trained as a sociologist, I draw heavily on
economic geography to inform my research questions and methods.  As an attendee
at the 2012 Summer Institute of Economic Geography, I was able to gain a
refined understanding of the field as well as incorporate emerging issues into
my ongoing research. I look forward to working hard to build a strong community
among economic geographers if elected to be the student representative, and am
dedicated to the further developing the subfield.

Thanks,
Sarah Lake

Sarah E. Lake
PhD Candidate