Apologies for X-postings – we have extended the deadline for application until
1st June 2017; see below and http://www.fingeo.net/doctoral-dissertation-prize/

***

The Global Network on Financial Geography (FinGeo) seeks to award its
Dissertation Prize to an outstanding doctoral dissertation in the field of
financial geography.

While we want to attract dissertations with a clear spatial component, we wish
to encourage applications from a wide range of disciplinary backgrounds,
including but not restricted to anthropology, geography, history, sociology,
political science, and economics. We welcome contributions from students in
institutions from across the world, focusing on financial processes taking
place anywhere on the globe. Eligible candidates should have completed and
defended their PhD in 2016. The award consists of €500 in prize money and an
invitation to present research at a FINGEO-sponsored event.

FinGeo
<http://www.regionalstudies.org/networks/network/financial-geographies-fingeo>
is an open and interdisciplinary network of academics, practitioners and other
people interested in research on the spatiality of money and finance and its
implications for the development of economy, society, and nature. EUFINGEO
<http://www.cosmopolis.be/research/european-financial-geography-network-eufingeo>
  is a network sponsored by Vrije Universiteit Brussels which seeks to build a
European community of financial geographers.

Application deadline is 1st June 2017. Please send a digital copy to
<mailto:david.bass...@vub.be> david.bass...@vub.be including a recommendation
letter by your supervisor(s). The successful candidate will be contacted by 1
July 2017.

Best wishes,

David

Assistant Professor @ Cosmopolis Centre for Urban Research