Dear EGSG members:

It is that time of the year when we must plan for new elections for the
Economic Geography Specialty Group Board :
https://egsgaag.wordpress.com<https://egsgaag.wordpress.com/>

We have vacancies for the following positions:

- At-large board member (two-year term: 2018 and 2019)
- At-large board member (two-year term: 2018 and 2019)
- Student representative (one-year term: 2018)
Elections will be held in December 2017 by electronic ballot.
All terms begin in January 2018.

Please send your nominations (specifying the position) directly to me
(jennifer.cl...@gatech.edu<mailto:jennifer.cl...@gatech.edu>) by December 1,
2017.
If you are nominating someone, please make sure the individual agrees to run
for election.

We ask that all candidates send in a brief statement (100-150 words) about
themselves to be included on the ballot.
Thank you.

Best,
Jennifer

Dr. Jennifer Clark
Georgia Institute of Technology

Chair, Economic Geography Specialty Group
American Association of Geographers
tel. 404.385.7224
email. jennifer.cl...@gatech.edu<mailto:jennifer.cl...@gatech.edu>
publications: https://works.bepress.com/jennifer_j_clark/

-----------------------
For reference…the announcement of the last Board Elections results is included
below:

-----------------------

Dear EGSG members:
I’m pleased to report the results of our recent election.
 Vice Chair/Treasurer  (Jan 2017 to Dec 2018) and future chair (Jan 2019 - Dec
2020):

  *   Peter Kedron, Oklahoma State University, USA
 At-large board members (Jan 2017 - Dec 2018):

  *   Abigail Cooke, University at Buffalo, SUNY, USA
  *   Kean Fan Lim, University of Nottingham, UK
Student representative (Jan 2017 – Dec 2017):

  *   Andrew Hoyt, University of North Texas, USA
 Congratulations to all and thank you again for agreeing to serve.
 And a note of special appreciation for their service to EGSG to our outgoing
board members:

  *   Chair: Robin Leichenko, Rutgers University, USA
  *   At-Large Board Member: Anne
Bonds<http://www4.uwm.edu/letsci/geography/faculty/bonds.cfm>, University of
Wisconsin-Milwaukee, USA
  *   Student Representative: Jessa
Loomis<https://geography.as.uky.edu/users/jmlo225>, University of Kentucky, USA
  *   At-Large Board Member now serving as EGSG’s Vice Chair: Peter Kedron
 EGSG’s new leadership joins our incumbent board members:

  *    Chair: Jennifer Clark, Georgia Institute of Technology, USA
 At-large board members:

  *   C. Patrick Heidkamp<http://patrickheidkamp.com/about/>, Southern
Connecticut State University, USA
  *   Harrison Campbell<https://clas-pages.uncc.edu/harrison-campbell/>,
University of North Carolina-Charlotte, USA
Please see the EGSG website for more information about the specialty group: