Dear colleagues,

Kyoto University's Hakubi Project has recently opened its 2018 call for
applications. The fellowship appoints successful applicants as
program-specific faculty for five years (i.e. non-tenure track visiting
position) with relevant departments or research centers at the university.
Approximately 10-12 fellows are appointed each year.

The program aims to promote research excellence by allowing fellows to
focus on their research activities without administrative or teaching
responsibilities (although it is possible to teach). The fellowship comes
with yearly research funding. After the first six months, Hakubi fellows
can spend much of their time outside of Japan if relevant to their research
interests.

Please see additional information and the application at this site:
http://www.hakubi.kyoto-u.ac.jp/eng/04_rec/2018_rec.html. Applicants must
register February 19th and upload their proposal by March 5th.

I should note that one downside of the application process is that funding
is not provided for in-person interviews held in Kyoto. Unfortunately,
applicants must travel to Kyoto at their own expense.

I would be happy to answer questions about the program.

Best,
Miles

--
Miles Kenney-Lazar, Ph.D.