Dear friends and colleagues,

There may currently be some confusion about the venue of the 6th Global
Conference on Economic Geography (GCEG) due to announcements and websites of
groups claiming to host the 6th GCEG in 2021. As organizers of the previous
GCEGs and the 5th Conference forthcoming in Cologne, we would like to point out
that so far we have NOT confirmed support to any group or venue.

We believe that all future GCEGs should be organized in ways that reflect broad
base support from home and international community, and represent the diversity
of economic geography, including a good balance of organizing committee members
by gender and career stage.

We hope to be able to announce the organizers and venue of the 6th GCEG at this
year's GCEG in Cologne: www.gceg2018.com<http://www.gceg2018.com/>

With best wishes,

Henry Yeung, Dariusz Wojcik, Boris Braun, Peter Dannenberg, Martina Fuchs,
Javier Revilla Diez
_______________________________
Henry Yeung<http://courses.nus.edu.sg/course/geoywc/henry.htm>, Co-Director,
GPN@NUS Centre<http://gpn.nus.edu.sg>
Professor of Economic Geography, National University of Singapore
Websites: Homepage<http://courses.nus.edu.sg/course/geoywc/henry.htm>,  Google
Scholar<http://scholar.google.com/citations?user=NvK_8VAAAAAJ&hl=en>, and
ResearchGate<https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Henry_Yeung2>
Director, JY Pillay Comparative Asia Research
Centre<http://www.gai.nus.edu.sg/re-jyp.html>@NUS Global Asia Institute

* Recipient of the American Association of Geographers Distinguished
Scholarship <http://news.aag.org/2017/12/aag-announces-the-2018-aag-honors>
Honors 2018<http://news.aag.org/2017/12/aag-announces-the-2018-aag-honors> AND
the UK Royal Geographical Society Murchison Award