Please excuse cross posting

This year's Applied Geography Conference (AGC) will be held October 31 -
November 2 at Kent State University. Applied and empirical presentations
from all fields of geography are welcome. The AGC is an intimate conference
where faculty and students can present their work and engage in meaningful
discussion.

This year, we are particularly excited about our student paper and poster
competition (preliminary information here:
http://www.appgeogconf.org/student-competitions.html). Students are the
future of our field and student papers and posters create meaningful
opportunities to engage and encourage applied geography students in all
aspects of our conference. This especially includes the core of our annual
meeting: participation through presentation in our research sessions.

Information about this year’s conference can be found at the links below.

1.       *Overall AGC 2018 information.* Conference dates: October 31
through November 2. See here for links to all conference information:
http://www.appgeogconf.org/2018-conference.html

2.       *Conference registration.* Early-bird (reduced) registration fees
in effect through August 1. Reduced student rates and day rates available.
http://www.appgeogconf.org/conference-registration.html

3.       *Session proposals.* Due by June 25th.
http://www.appgeogconf.org/session-proposals.html

4.       *Abstract submission.* Also due by June 25th.
http://www.appgeogconf.org/abstract-submission.html

5.       *Student competitions.* Abstracts for both poster and paper
entries due by June 25th. *Please clearly note on your abstract submission
if yours is a student competition entry*.
http://www.appgeogconf.org/student-competitions.html

6.       *Conference hotel room reservations.* Please call the Kent State
Hotel to reserve, and be sure to mention the "Applied Geography Conference"
to obtain our $109/night rate. (toll-free 855.353.4031, or 330.346.0100)

Please feel free to contact me (hscam...@uncc.edu) or the AGC Executive
Director, Murray Rice (murray.r...@unt.edu) if you have any questions.

Harrison (Harry) Campbell
UNC Charlotte

Harrison Campbell | Professor of Geography | Associate Chair |
Public Policy Faculty | Organizational Science Affiliate | Center for Real
Estate Affiliate
UNC Charlotte | Department of Geography and Earth Sciences
9201 University City Blvd. | Charlotte 28223
Phone: 704-687-5997 | Fax: 704-687-5966
hscam...@uncc.edu | http://geoearth.uncc.edu/people/hcampbell/

If you are not the intended recipient of this transmission or a person
responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, any disclosure,
copying, distribution, or other use of any of the information in this
transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission
in error, please notify me immediately by reply e-mail or by telephone at
704-687-5997. Thank you.