Researchers on planetary futures, climate change and transformation – how
would *storifying your research look like with propositional scenarios*?

C-Change <http://cchange.no/> and AdaptationCONNECTS
<https://www.sv.uio.no/iss/english/research/projects/adaptation/> at the
University of Oslo are inviting short stories that help activate the
possible and challenge dominant modes of thinking and action around the
tepid social and economic response to climate change*. *

The shortlisted short stories will be published in an anthology and there
are prizes for judged entries – more details on lengths and due dates below
and at
https://www.sv.uio.no/iss/english/research/projects/adaptation/news/our-entangled-future.html
Call for Short Stories: Our Entangled Future  – January 15, 2019

*“New metaphors have the power to create a new reality” * – Lakoff and
Johnson, 1980, p. 145
*“The world and its possibilities for becoming are remade with each moment”
*– Karen Barad

Writers and researchers are invited to submit *creative short stories in
all genres* for inclusion in an anthology that contributes to a new
narrative on climate change.

We call the anthology, *Our Entangled Future - Short Stories to Empower
Quantum Social Change.*

Why? Although numerous anthologies of climate change fiction have been
published, most emphasize dystopic or apocalyptic visions of the future.

At this extraordinary point in history, we need to *both* imagine *and*
actualize alternative “not-yet-here” realities.

We need stories that confront the limitations of a dualistic,
deterministic, and inanimate worldview and instead offer insights into a
reality that is connected, entangled, uncertain, and ripe with possibility
– a world of complementarity and potentiality.

Recognizing the power of language, meaning, and metaphors to create a new
reality, we are particularly interested in stories that capture the
potential for quantum social change.

To access and activate our most radical potentials as a storytelling
species, we are accepting submissions of short stories between *2,000 and
5,000 words*. We are most interested in stories that address the objectives
described here
<https://www.sv.uio.no/iss/english/research/projects/adaptation/news/our-entangled-future_call-for-short-stories_october-2018(1).pdf>
.
Process and due date

Please submit your short story to adaptationconne...@sgeo.uio.no by *January
15, 2019*. Please include a bio (maximum 100 words) and a short statement
(50 words) about how your story relates to quantum social change. Selection
of twelve to fifteen short stories will be based on a juried process.

The three most compelling stories will receive awards of *EUR 1000, EUR
750, and EUR 500*. The most promising stories will be edited by renowned
author, editor, and writing teacher Jordan E. Rosenfeld (
http://jordanrosenfeld.net/about/).

Authors will be notified of the jury’s decision by *April 1, 2019*. We
aspire to make *Our Entangled Future* an open access publication that is
officially launched at the Transformations 2019 conference from 16-18
October in Santiago, Chile.