>seconds until it puffs up. Place the chappati in a dish and brush with a
>little melted ghee. Cover and keep warm while cooking the others.
>
>If I remember right, after the first few times we skipped the puffing
>step. I believe we also stopped buttering the finished chappati.

I wouldn't stop the buttering unless I was only making half a dozen
chappatis - they can stick together if you are making a big pile. Mind you
nicest is cooking them for each person to get them fresh from the pan - I
prefer to cook them on a cast iron pan rather than a grill - and if I'm
making chappatis I don't normally bother with rice since the wheat protein
complements the dahl by itself. Usually a dahl or dahl/potato curry and a
seperate veggie curry with different spices and maybe some sort of
yoghurt/cucumber/mint relish

kathryn