>I've heard others make simliar remarks about Fukuoka's free help, but
>I was under the impression that most of the help was with the grains and
>mostly after he had been doing it on his own for some time.  It's hard to
>get a following dedicated enough to volunteer until you have something
>to show them.   Fukuoka had been experimenting for 30 or 40 years before
>his books were published.  I'm quite sure he got his hands dirty sometime
>in that period.
>
>==>paul
>

>>kathryn

No Paul - he had students doing most of the weeding right from the
beginning of his experiments - I've met a couple of them - now pretty old
and grey - who were with him from the start. He really didn't like getting
his hands dirty - literally - according to them. Even the mud balls had to
be kneaded by other people.

kathryn