I was certainly taught that science was a way of looking at the
world, and that the were no limits to which bit of the world you
could use it to look at. Whilst I certainly see it as a way of
satisfying curiosity I find it handy to use to take apart my moral
judgements from time to time and see why I'm thinking that way.
Surprise, surprise, sometimes it helps me change the way I think.

Don't see what understanding has to do with domination but obviously
the more I understand about the workings of the world the better I
can interract with it

I've always thought that the line between pure and applied science
doesn't exist anyway

Perhaps this is because I'm not a scientist

kathryn