On Sun, Feb 10, 2008 at 10:39:02PM -0500, jayjwa wrote:
> Will ecryptfs be made to work with 2.6.24.x series kernels? At one
> time I know there were problems of segfaults with 2.6.24 and the
> user-space daemon.  Indeed, attempting to access the files while
> running 2.6.24.1 results in a segfault.

Something recently went askew with netlink. I'll take a look at it to
see if I can figure out what it is.

Or maybe I will just do away with netlink altogether and just use a
boring old device.

In the meantime, you can apply the vmsplice fix patch to your older
kernel. There's even a hack to close the vulnerability on a live
system.

Mike