The recent work on debugging and better diagnostics is great - very exciting.

I have a startwindow with two suggested changes.

Please download it from

http://carhart.net/~kevin/startwindow_20170124.zip

(1) defaultView gets referenced as a property, rather than being called. I goofed in making it a function. So I converted it into a property with its code as a getter.

(2) While we modified cloneNode to bring over functions, it wasn't bringing over the onevent$$array arrays, if these are among the child items of the node being cloned deeply. I took KD's code for instanceof Array, used when the node to copy, itself, is instanceof Array, and used this as a model to do the same thing so that an instanceof Array among the child items will be handled also.

This change to cloneNode brings nasa.gov back from returning 1 character to returning some content. A series of impressive console errors ensues.

I also have a suggestion (3) which I didn't do yet. I was reading that the == equality test operator does "some funky conversions" , typecasting before comparison, and the triple === is the "strict equality" operator, with no drawbacks in the materials I found. I was looking up the proper way to do a typeof test and found a reference that said you should say (typeof blah==='object'). So for consistency, any objections to converting all the == in startwindow.js into ===?

thanks
Kevin