Just regarding the cookies message, I find that this sometimes displays even though it isn't true. There's a lot of these situations where mutually exclusive statements are both in the HTML, and one is intended to be removed by JS. It could say "You are logged in," "You are logged out."

I think the login screen of amazon says "you must enable cookies" at the top, but we certainly did have cookies working all throughout the recent amazon adventure. Beware believing all assertions that are sitting in html. Sorry this isn't specific help on gkg - I will try to pull this up specifically in a little while.