You completely missed my point.  I am saying that unless both sides  
of your data are the same, you can't just use another map.  I do 4010  
856's with Kmart but I do not use Oracle on the application side.  My  
map would offer you nothing more than their EDI layout which you  
should already have from your spec.

If I had one for Oracle I wouldn't give it to you.  This group is to  
help each other with concepts, tips, techniques, information etc.  I  
am not going to just give my hard work away for free.  Frankly if you  
can't take the spec and your application layout and create an EDI map  
then you are no EDi programmer.  That is the most basic thing that we  
do.

On Dec 11, 2006, at 4:23 AM, sudhakar rao wrote:

> hi..
>
> You said that you have enough experince in 856 maps. can u send me  
> the map with a pick pack structure (0001). oracle appication layout.
>
> I m doing a 856 outbound transaction of 4010 version for KMART  
> trading partner.
>
> They follow pickpack structure.
> Ours is a Oracle Application layout.
> how to write a rule to make the pack and item repeat.
>
> Thanks,
> sudhakar.
>
>
> Samantha Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm sorry, we'd love to help you out but it really depends on your  
> partner
> (for the EDI side) and your application (for the application side) .
>
> I have over 20 different ASN maps that I use in my current position  
> and none
> of them are the same. They aren't the same as the one's I've used  
> at other
> companies either. Saving maps from job to job doesn't help me write  
> the
> next ASN (unless one of the data sources happens to be identical).
>
> What you do is take the EDI spec your partner is either sending or  
> expects
> to receive (depending on who is sending this 856) and you compare  
> it to the
> application file layout you have for the destination on your  
> application
> side. You map them out on paper and figure out what should go where  
> based
> on what you know about the application you are using.
>
> Someone, at a training class for instance, could give you sample  
> application
> data and a sample 856 EDI spec and teach you how to analyze them  
> and make a
> map. That would introduce you to the concepts involved but other  
> than what
> you learned it would not likely be useful as a model for the 856  
> you need to
> create (or translate) for your project.
>
> Someone could teach me how to set up an account at Fidelity and trade
> securities on the US stock exchange and I would learn a lot but  
> that doesn't
> necessarily mean I am going to be successful and make any money at  
> it. I
> would suggest starting with a class. I haven't taken one in a long  
> time but
> the basic mapping classes at Sterling used to only teach the 850  
> and 810.
> To learn the 856 and 867 you had to take the advanced class.
>
> On 12/7/06, sudhakar rao <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi ..
> >
> > I m Sudhakar .Presently working on GIS and Gentran .Can you  
> please send me
> > sample map for 856 transaction.
> >
> > can you help me out in this regard.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Sudhakar.
> >
> >
> > ---------------------------------
> > Find out what India is talking about on - Yahoo! Answers India
> > Send FREE SMS to your friend's mobile from Yahoo! Messenger  
> Version 8. Get
> > it NOW
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
> >
> >
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
> 
>
>
>
> The Relation Between One HEART and Another HEART is called LOVE...
> The Relation Between the HEART and the HEART BEAT is called  
> FRIENDSHIP...
>
>
>
> SUDHAKAR RAO
>
> Find out what India is talking about on - Yahoo! Answers India
> Send FREE SMS to your friend's mobile from Yahoo! Messenger Version  
> 8. Get it NOW



[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



...
Please use the following Message Identifiers as your subject prefix: <SALES>, 
<JOBS>, <LIST>, <TECH>, <MISC>, <EVENT>, <OFF-TOPIC>

Job postings are welcome, but for job postings or requests for work: <JOBS> IS 
REQUIRED in the subject line as a prefix. 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 

Reply via email to