Art,

I did contact the other party and specifically asked that question. I
was told that it is a sub-lement which prompted further investigation
and hence my question. 

I wanted to know if anyone else had come across this before I went back
to the trading partner. I just wanted to make sure that I hadn't missed
something somewhere. 

Just trying to make sure I had my ducks in a row before going back to my
new trading partner.

Thanks for the response.

Patrick F. Sczypiorski
Manager of Application Systems
Velvac, Inc.
(262) 786-0700 Ext. 371
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
 

-----Original Message-----
From: Art Douglas [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
Sent: Monday, January 22, 2007 6:08 PM
To: Patrick Sczypiorski; [email protected]
Subject: RE: [EDI-L] <TECH> Sub-element in the PO107?

Since I have been known on at least two occasions to be wrong, I checked
the standard.  From 3030 to 5030, there is no compound element
prescribed by X12 for PO107.

Is it possible that the colon (:) is incorrectly imbeded as part of the
catalog number?  While you don't show us the ISA, I assume the ISA
assigns the colon as sub-element separator.

It seems to me that the quickest way to figure this one out is to reject
the group, contact the TP and ask "wazzup?"

Art Douglas
Chief Consultant
Blackwater Network
877-464-8915

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Patrick Sczypiorski
Sent: Monday, January 22, 2007 1:40 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [EDI-L] <TECH> Sub-element in the PO107?

Good Day Everyone!
 
Has anyone ever heard of, or seen, a sub element being used in the PO107
element in a version 004010 850 document? I have a new trading partner I
am setting up and they are sending a sub element at the beginning of the
PO107 element. The data looks like X:1234567 where the 'X:' denotes a
sub element. None of the documentation I have shows a sub element for
this element being indicated. 
 
Any ideas? 
 
Thanks in advance,
 
Patrick F. Sczypiorski
Manager of Application Systems
Velvac, Inc.
(262) 786-0700 Ext. 371
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
 
 


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



...
Please use the following Message Identifiers as your subject prefix:
<SALES>, <JOBS>, <LIST>, <TECH>, <MISC>, <EVENT>, <OFF-TOPIC>

Job postings are welcome, but for job postings or requests for work:
<JOBS> IS REQUIRED in the subject line as a prefix. 
Yahoo! Groups Links







...
Please use the following Message Identifiers as your subject prefix: <SALES>, 
<JOBS>, <LIST>, <TECH>, <MISC>, <EVENT>, <OFF-TOPIC>

Job postings are welcome, but for job postings or requests for work: <JOBS> IS 
REQUIRED in the subject line as a prefix. 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 

Reply via email to