Rich, I'm running Gentran:Basic Version 6.0 .  
I've used EBDI087 to copy partner profiles from one set of VSAM files to
another (usually when moving a partner profile from test to production).
I haven't seen or used a feature that will unload it to a flat file
(perhaps you're on a later version with that capability).
 
You can use the "Batch Partner Profile Maintenance Facility" EBDI005 to
perform mass changes for your partners. You basically need to set up
predefined flat files (you'll find the layouts in the doc if you have
it) as your input files and make your updates there.  Once you run the
program your VSAM file is updated and if I remember correctly, you'll
also get a report of your changes to review.
 
Hope this helps.
Colleen
 
 
Colleen Dickey
PacifiCorp
IT Enterprise Systems Integration
Electronic Data Interchange 
(503) 813-6475
 

________________________________

From: [email protected] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Hurd, Richard [SLCUS]
Sent: Friday, May 18, 2007 1:57 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [EDI-L] Gentran:Basic mass edit of partner file - EBDI087
program?



I need someone who is an "expert" with the Gentran:Basic system,
specifically how to use the partner unload/reload utility (EBDI087.) 

I see that it has an option to unload from the VSAM file that the
partner
file is stored in to a flat file (which, I assume, is editable.) My
challenge is that I have hundreds of partners that need a mass change of
a
parameter and it would be great to have a way to do this more or less
automatically.

And although I have a reference manual handy, and it tells me a lot
about
EBDI087, it doesn't say all that much about the unload file - or how to
use
it to RELOAD the VSAM file. An important concept if I want to put my
data
back where it belongs. :)

Thanks. 

Rich Hurd 
Mercury Integration Development 
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Companies 
North American Consumer IT 
908-874-1523 

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This email is confidential and may be legally privileged.

It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else, 
unless expressly approved by the sender or an authorized addressee, is 
unauthorized.

If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or 
any action omitted or taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be 
unlawful. If you believe that you have received this email in error, please 
contact the sender, delete this e-mail and destroy all copies.

==============================================================================


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



...
Please use the following Message Identifiers as your subject prefix: <SALES>, 
<JOBS>, <LIST>, <TECH>, <MISC>, <EVENT>, <OFF-TOPIC>

Job postings are welcome, but for job postings or requests for work: <JOBS> IS 
REQUIRED in the subject line as a prefix. 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 

Reply via email to