Walter

Are you sending the ASNs to P&G or are they sending them to you? The way I'm 
reading your post implies to me that they are sending you the ASN but they 
have a spec that they give to their customers (with a company that size I'm 
not surprised they would try this). If this is the case you should be able 
to mandate that they follow a spec that you provide which includes the TD1 
segment mandating the number of pallets, so that you receive this data.

If you are sending the ASN to P&G you would normally send the pallet count 
in the TD1, but if their spec does not allow for it, I agree with Earl, I 
wouldn't worry about it. If you try adding it their system will kick out 
your ASNs.

The only specs that I personally have for General Mills are for the 850 and 
810, and I don't have a separate P&G spec, so I'm not sure what is on their 
856 spec. Even if the TD1 segment in on a spec it is sometimes not required 
as the TP will just add up the number of HL Tare loops to get the number of 
pallets on the ASN.

Jaret Caravan

_________________________________________________________________
Enter to win a night a VIP night out at TIFF 
http://redcarpet.sympatico.msn.ca/



...
Please use the following Message Identifiers as your subject prefix: <SALES>, 
<JOBS>, <LIST>, <TECH>, <MISC>, <EVENT>, <OFF-TOPIC>

Job postings are welcome, but for job postings or requests for work: <JOBS> IS 
REQUIRED in the subject line as a prefix. 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 

Reply via email to