2/7/09

>I' m working on an inbound 850 & 820 map, and an outbound 810 & 856 map to 
>MAPICS (formly Pointman).  I've already >created my flat file layouts, but 
>trying to determine which fields get mapped from the flat file 
>guidelines...

Through Release 8 (and R9 SP1), Pointman does not have a documented 820R 
Remittance Advice interface.

The 850R, 810S and 856S interface files are documented in the Release 8 EDI 
Guide, titled....

" MAPICS ERP for Extended Systems
Electronic Data Interchange Introduction Overview and Interface Definitions 
"

.. which you should be able to get in PDF form from Infor (Pointman 
support).

This document gives you the flat file layouts to be used (the files which 
work with the launchers), and for each field of each record of said flat 
file tells you at least the name of the destination table and column in the 
Pointman database. (and sometimes a little more). It is up to you to decide 
what values from the inbound EDI documents you want stored in what 
records/fields of the flat file, or which values from the extracted flat 
file you want to map to your outbound EDI documents.

>.... is somewhat a pain.

Well, I prefer to use the word "challenge."   At least that's what I tell 
myself while performing ongoing consulting work for six current Pointman 
users. ( Have been doing so since 2000).

I hope you saw my post from yesterday... I am looking for people just like 
you... Pointman users/developers trying to implement Pointman's EDI 
functions.  (You may have ignored it because I - properly! - used a <SALES> 
idenitifier in the message subject). If you missed it I can forward you a 
copy, or you can find it in the archives.


Michael C. Mattias
Tal Systems Inc.
Racine WI
[EMAIL PROTECTED]



...
Please use the following Message Identifiers as your subject prefix: <SALES>, 
<JOBS>, <LIST>, <TECH>, <MISC>, <EVENT>, <OFF-TOPIC>

Job postings are welcome, but for job postings or requests for work: <JOBS> IS 
REQUIRED in the subject line as a prefix. 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 

Reply via email to