> I see an MTX in the LDT loop, in the N9 loop as you suggest, in the SPI 
> loop, in the N1 loop in the SPI loop, in the CB1 >loop subordinate to the 
> SPI loop, in the ADV loop, all at the header level.  Nowhere do I see an 
> MTX which is not >subordinate to some other segment (within a loop).

Thanks to all who have provided the answer. After more than fifteen years' 
participation in this group (sheesh, has it been that long? Some of you 
people must be getting older!)  - back to when it was hosted by some some 
university back east and there was no such thing as 'web access' - I know 
this is the best source available for answers to questions of this nature.

As far as the direct question...

>Of course, as you mention, no way to stop them sending this "non-standard" 
>segment.  Any chance the IG has an >example or that you can get a sample 
>file from them?

There is now, now that I am am firm footing vis-a-vis what the ANSI standard 
actually is.

I actually suspect a documentation error more than anything, but that's easy 
to get corrected. I've encountered this kind of thing often enough over the 
years that I can handle it from this point. If it were my (direct) customer, 
that's one thing; but I didn't really want to tell my client's customer he 
had something invalid unless I was on firm footing. Doing that kinda 'queers 
the pitch' for my client, ya know?


Michael C. Mattias
Tal Systems Inc.
Racine WI
[EMAIL PROTECTED]



...
Please use the following Message Identifiers as your subject prefix: <SALES>, 
<JOBS>, <LIST>, <TECH>, <MISC>, <EVENT>, <OFF-TOPIC>

Job postings are welcome, but for job postings or requests for work: <JOBS> IS 
REQUIRED in the subject line as a prefix. 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 

Reply via email to